Banca IFIS, listed in the STAR segment of the Italian Stock Exchange and parent company of the Banca IFIS banking group, applies the traditional administration & control model, believing it to be the best for its specific corporate reality to ensure efficient management and effective controls.
In the model applied by Banca IFIS:
- strategic supervision is performed by the Board of Directors;
- management, without prejudice to the matters for which the Board has exclusive authority and/or to the powers not delegated by the Board of Directors, is performed by top management (consisting of the CEO and General Manager);
- control is performed by the Board of Statutory Auditors.
The banking group currently operates in the following fields:
- factoring, in Italy and abroad; business abroad is carried out both through the internal structures of the Parent Company (International Area) and through the subsidiary IFIS Finance; the provision of financial and credit management support mainly involves the Small and Medium-sized Enterprises segment;
- acquisition and management of non-performing loans;
- acquisition and management of tax receivables;
- on-line collection developed through the Rendimax Savings Account and the contomax current account (which kicked off on 7 January 2013); although not forming a specific line of corporate business, due to the type of activity and the dimensions achieved, these instruments belong, in their own right, to the Bank’s operating segments.
Activities associated to the Treasury Department are complementary to such activities and although their contents on certain occasions are particularly significant, they do not change the mission of the banking group which continues to be focused on providing financial and credit management support to Small and Medium-sized Enterprises.
Corporate social responsibility
The Bank introduced by virtue of the Board resolution passed on 4 July 2003 and lastly updated on 20 September 2012, its Code of Ethics, which spells out the combination of the rights, duties and responsibilities of the Group’s components as regards all parties with whom they have dealings in order to accomplish their corporate purpose (clients, debtors, suppliers, employees and/or external collaborators, Shareholders, vigilance bodies, institutions); it is therefore a directive with rules of conduct that have to be kept in mind while carrying out daily operations, in compliance with the legislation and regulations in force in all countries where the Group operates. The Code establishes reference standards and rules of conduct designed to reinforce corporate decision-making processes and guide the conduct of all collaborators of the Group’s companies. The Code of Ethics is available on the company website www.bancaifis.it, in the “Corporate Governance/Italian Leg. Decree 231/2001” section.